ALBERTA IS SET TO RE-OPEN … ARE YOU READY?
Great news for many Albertans following Jason Kenny’s announcement that some non-essential businesses can slowly begin to re-open, starting as early as next week. This, of course, is dependent on Alberta’s ability to keep the COVID-19 outbreak under control.
What does this mean for the businesses that have been closed for the past several weeks? What does the “new normal” look like for businesses including retail and restaurants?
There are several questions you should be asking yourself to make certain you are fully prepared when your doors re-open.
POINT OF SALE AND CUSTOMER SERVICE COUNTERS
- Should you be installing acrylic barriers to help protect your customers and employees?
- Will the barriers be portable, counter top installed and/or free hanging?
- Do you intend for the shields to be temporary, semi-permanent or permanent in nature?
- Will you require pass through openings?
- Will your needs vary depending on the type of counter (e.g. customer service, point of sale, pre-order pickups, reception desk)?
- Have you considered adding custom graphics and/or privacy frosting? For example, company name, logo and/or informational text.
DIRECTIONAL AND SPACIAL AWARENESS FLOOR GRAPHICS
As our respective businesses re-open, we will be required to ensure customers keep at least 6 feet from others when visiting our premises. We will also be required to limit the number of customers we allow in at any given time. Many businesses have already discovered that a great way to help their customers to practice physical distancing is through the use of indoor/outdoor floor graphics.
- Do you have signage to advise clients about the safety measures you are taking?
- Will your customers be required to line-up before entering your premises?
- Do you have sidewalk markers to help customers keep the required distance as they wait in line to enter your establishment?
- Material durability is a key consideration that will have an impact on the cost. What is the amount of foot traffic? Is the graphic life expectancy short term (1 week) vs longer term (3-6 months)?
- How do you plan to manage social distancing lines? Floor markers (lines/circles) are ideal for guiding customers on where to stand they line up to pay for their purchase or obtain other types of customer service assistance.
- Will you require directional floor graphics (e.g. arrows, text or images) to help guide customers as they work their way through the aisles of your store?
- Do you require other locational graphics, such as hand washing stations or inspirational messaging?
- Have you also considered utilizing window and wall space for your messaging?
- As with outdoor signage, what are the durability requirements? It is a high foot traffic area? How long do you need the floor graphic(s) to last?
We hope you have found these pointers to be helpful during these unprecedented times. Let our team of experts help you to take some of the guesswork out of planning and preparing for your return to business. We are here to assist you in implementing the appropriate safety measures that will keep you and your customers safe, while also helping you to meet any compliance requirements.
We custom manufacture and install a wide variety of cost effective, protective plexiglass counter shield options to meet your needs. This includes free standing portable acrylic shields, soft and hard mounted countertop shields and hanging acrylic protective barriers. We also design, print, cut and install custom floor, wall and window graphics along with other safety signage.
Our team at Wraptor Signs and Graphics are here to support you to help ensure you are prepared for your re-opening. Give us a call at (587) 350-5922 or click here to request a free quote.
WE ARE IN THIS TOGETHER TO ENSURE WE ALL STAY SAFE, STAY HEALTHY AND STAY CONNECTED!